Happy New Year!
2011 was a great year of reading, but not a good year of blogging for me! I read some wonderful books, mostly due to the 2011 Books on the Nightstand Book Retreat. I did not quite meet my goal of 41 books, only hitting 36 books.
My favorite reads of the year (in no particular order):
- The Last Werewolf, by Glen Duncan
- The Night Strangers, by Chris Bohjalian, 400 pages, October 2011, NOOK
- Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline, 391 pages December 22, 2011 NOOK
- Something Missing, by Matthew Dicks
- Kings of the Earth, by John Clinch, 393 pages, February 22, 2011
- House Arrest, by Ellen Meeropol
- Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand, 398 page, January 19, 2011
- Looking for Alaska, by John Green, 178 pages, January 25, 2011 (e book)
- Unexpectedly, Milo, by Matthew Dicks
I did not too well with my reading challenges. The only 2 challenges I completed were the e-book challenge, reading 17 books on my NOOK, and the Books on the Nightstand Retreat Author Reading Challenge.
I’m looking forward to another year of good books. Since I’m going to the 2012 Books on the Nightstand Booktopia event again this year, I know I will have pile of new books and authors to read.
What were some of your favorite reads of the year?