I’m updating the read-a-thon in this post. Scroll down for earlier updates.
I’m still loving Ready Player One but I think I need to turn in for the night. I may be able to get in some more reading in the morning. Happy reading everyone!
Hour 13 Mid Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – I’m loving it! It’s so different from anything I’ve read before, with lots of references to the 80′s.
2. How many books have you read so far? I haven’t finished any books! I’ve read parts of 2 different books.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I’m hoping to continue reading Ready Player One.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No, it turned out to be a day that I was going to be home.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? A few interruptions, I considered them breaks.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How fast the day has gone by!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Love it!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I did both this year, and I’m not sure what I would do differently. Oh I know, I wish I had some graphic novels.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes, I”m not sure how much later I’ll be up.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Have fun!
Hour 9: I thought I should take some time and update how I was doing on the read-a-thon. I ended up taking a few breaks and having more interruptions that I expected but I’ve been enjoying my relaxing day. I started out by reading 120 pages of Solar by Ian McEwan. Then, I felt that I needed a break from that and I started Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I’m only up to page 35 in this one, but it looks really good.
I also took some time to cheer on some of the other readers which was a lot of fun. And… I won a prize for being one of the cheer leaders. Woo hoo!
The dogs have been very cuddly and I’ve enjoyed my soup and a few snacks. I may need a little snooze in a bit, but Ready Player One is calling me right now.